2009年7月11日土曜日

Sonoma Crisps goes to New York!!

Hello everyone! Last month, we had the amazing experience to go to New York for the 55th Summer New York Fancy Food Show at the Javits Center!

The Fancy Food Show has been going on since 1955, and is North America's largest specialty food and beverage marketplace!

Here are some of the amazing statistics, for this amazing show:
16,000-24,000 attendees
250,000 products(!!) including confections, cheese, coffee, snacks, spices, ethnic, natural, organic and more

1,300-2,500 exhibitors
81 countries represented
It was my first time going to such a HUGE food show, and also my very first time in New York! It was oh-SO-very exciting!!:)

We were very excited to have a booth at a incredible show :) Here is a picture of our booth!
Brooke (left) and I (right)
At our booth, we sampled our apple sticks, raisin crunches, strawberry blends for people to taste..and it was such a good experience to hear the reviews at a personal level. This was the first show where we were able to present our NEW Raisin Crunches!for everyone to try :)
Yes - NEW..and IMPROVED..! hehe
Research and Development is always ongoing at Sonoma Crisps, and we have added some Cinnamon to our Raisin crunches - and the flavor is ammaaazing! In fact, its addicting - on average, I have to eat one bag of the raisin crunches a day.

Some of the most interesting reactions that people gave us was -not surprisingly for the Raisin Crunches!

"Whoa! Its Crunchy!" "This is a new texture!!" hehe, I wanted to take some of their surprised looks..

I will update more pictures from the show on the next post, but other than meeting many people, sampling products, hearing our products review, meeting other exhibitors, etc..
I had the most fun walking around the show (its HUUUUGE took me 3 days to cover the whole show) and sampling the products, ofcourse!

I felt like I ate, and ate and attee..the whooole trip at New York!

THere was a "EMERIL look-alike" at the show, sampling Emeril's pasta sauces. He looked/talked JUST like him! The pasta was really delicious =)
Our products featured in "What's New What's Hot" item shelf!! *excuse me for the lighting..*

The booths were literally from all over the world, and it was so interesting/fun to look at how each booth decorated their booth..and the sampling of the gourmet foods from all over the world..who can complain about that!?
more pictures to come...
Have a great weekend!!
Hika










2 件のコメント:

  1. What a fun trip!!! I LOVED the photo recap and booth display.

    I didn't think you all could improve the amazing raisin crunch....however now with Cinnamon OMG - that has to be amazing!

    Plus you all added strawberries too - YUM! I just posted a reply to you this weekend saying I was thinking you all should add apricots.....I definitely need to check out the new and improved products - YUM!

    Oh and I definitely think when in NYC you have to eat and eat and eat :)

    Have a great week! I always look forward to your updates.

    Danica

    返信削除
  2. Hello Danica!!

    Thank you always for your comments =)
    How have you been!? Its been a while...

    NY was amazing!! It really was a fantastic experience. The city was amazing, and the fancy food show was awesome as well. Could..not..stop eating..haha!

    Anyway, I am going to visit your blog right now!

    Hikari

    返信削除